At DMD, we are committed to lowering the environmental impact from packaging. We endeavour to reduce waste and increase efficiencies through product design, materials used and manufacturing processes employed. Recycling and production methods are continually assessed and improved to make sure we are doing upmost to help the environment.
Main Environmental Aspects
- We have invested in machinery which enables us to granulate all waste material from the production process which is then sent back to suppliers to be recycled.
- Through the use of RPET [Recycled Amorphous Polyethylene Therephthalate], we are able to provide products with a minimum of 50% recycled content, and because it’s all PET the finished product itself is easily and commonly recycled.
- Less heat is required to form PET trays as opposed to PVC trays of yesteryear meaning less energy is required in the manufacturing process.
- New tooling adpots designs to give maximise the strength of the trays allowing thinner and lighter material to be used.
- Recycling of cardboard and paper is also undertaken to reduce the amount of waste that goes to landfill.